Thursday, November 18, 2010

Stack Wheybolic Extreme 60

Dance Theater (II)

second installment of the film dances that I like, which are many and varied. Now Playing two of two films made in black and white. Here we go:



Bande à part (Band of Outsiders) 1964
We are located at the height of what became known as the New Wave (Nouvelle Vague) French. 'Band of Outsiders "is one of my favorite films of Jean-Luc Godard, someone who I do not like too well though I admire some of his works ( At the end of the adventure, live your life ). Interestingly, in all I like is the sweet and appealing Anna Karina, there must be. I think it is the first time I talk about this dance on the blog, a dance and film have influenced the career of many directors, for example, might sound something you dance 'Simple Men' by Hal Hartley which published last week, but above all, may you also remember the style of Quentin Tarantino, a Eater real movie then gives his own view of everything that has influenced, that is not small. Banda apart was one of those influences, in fact, even his own production company is named. Without further ado, Anna Karina, Sami Frey, Claude Brasseur and Godard himself narrating the action and feelings of the characters:



Down by Law (Down by Law) 1986
The truth is I feel a certain fondness for the films of Jim Jarmusch ( Night on Earth, Ghost Dog, Mystery Train, Broken Flowers ) for his naturalism, by the comedy and drama his characters, and their endless fades to black. I've been on the verge of deciding to make Eszter Balint dancing alone in 'Stranger in Paradise', but in the end I chose one that is not too big steps or style, I chose one for me perfectly represents what the love and happiness. The great Tom Waits and John Lurie equally great note here the memorable Roberto Benigni and Nicoletta Braschi, couples also in real life. Enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment